One of the most important aspects of education is discipline which should eventually be internalized. Discipline is the training that develops self-control, orderliness, efficiency and character. Discipline is formative and not repressive. It leads the student to develop self confidence which is the essence of well ordered and successful life. Discipline is the backbone of the nation.
Basic to all discipline is the principal of respect – respect for one’s self, for others and for all children.
In order to form proper habits and attitudes, the following ruled for good conduct are expected to be obeyed by every student:
- Respect for all faculty members, other students and self.
- Respect for all school property and school uniform.
- Courtesy and consideration for all members of the school community.
- Arrive in school, at least, five minutes before the bell rings for the assembly.
- Attend the morning assembly
- come to school neatly dressed on all working days. Untidy children will not be allowed to sit in the classes.
- not leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal.
- not bring mobile phones, digital diaries, i-pods and cameras to the school.
- keep the school free from ‘Noise Pollution’. Running, playing, shouting etc. are not allowed in or around the class rooms.
- move in proper lines under the control of Monitor/Teacher without making any noise while moving from one place to another.
- use refined and polite language and make frequent use of ‘Please’, ‘Thank you’, ‘Sorry’, ‘Excuse me’, ‘I beg your pardon’ while wishing and conversing with the teachers, elders, companions and others.
- keep school and class rooms clean. No waste paper or material is to be thrown here and there. Make best use of the dustbins provided in each class.
- stand up and greet them when they enter or leave the classrooms.
- converse in English only with one another in the school premises.
- Not scratch or spoil desks, walls, doors, chairs or damage any school furniture. They should not steal the property belonging to others.
- Keep the cycles locked and motor vehicles locked at the cycle stand only. No vehicle should be driven in the school.
- Inculcate the habit of understanding the subject matter and avoid cramming.
- must make it a habit to get the diary signed by the parents every day.
Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken for failure to adhere to the above rules.